Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle is seeking a Security Officer. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Performs protective services as a uniformed Security Officer in order to provide safeguards for company and customer assets to include employees, third parties, visitors, tangible, and intangible properties. Under close and direct supervision, demonstrates proficiency in procedures and systems related to Control Center, patrol, and fixed post operations. Utilizes coaching from supervisors and peers to refine skills.
- Operates an active, technology-based security control center: answer domestic and international phone calls for information or service, dispatch utilizing across two-way radios, utilize annunciation and emergency notification systems, monitor, and utilize video surveillance systems, monitor and initiate response to life-safety and security alarms, monitor and conduct access control to safeguard against unauthorized entry, maintain required logs.
- Conducts patrol tours: walk or drive to monitor activity on and around the property, make observations and take appropriate investigative or enforcement actions, respond to alarms or situations requiring a security response, and document actions through detailed reports.
- Performs required security roles at fixed post locations: lobby, visitor center, security credential desk, checkpoints, perimeter inspections and temporary assignments.
- Follows standard operating procedures and directives in support of security objectives.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- High school diploma; 0-2 years of applicable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field
- Standards of fitness including the ability to stand and walk up to 90% of the work shift.
- Successful completion of a medical and psychological screening.
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in dealing with others.
- Ability to meet all training and regulatory standards.
- Eligibility to obtain and keep a Secret level security clearance.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Firearms qualifications (site/role specific).
- Ability to employ active thinking, to exercise reasonable judgement, and to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Must have successfully completed new hire security training.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s benefits program supports employees so they can be at their best at home and at work. It’s a comprehensive package including:
- A benefits concierge service to help you understand and use your benefits
- Paid parental leave and family formation support
- A holistic wellness community and employee assistance program offering physical, mental, financial, legal and family support
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.