West Valley City, Utah, USA
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (AST) is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that secure the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to resolve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is passionate, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and creative ideas, and work closely with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
We are seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to lead and consult on various products and programs, provide systems engineering on new and existing products, and develop and propose new concepts and solutions to customers. This engineer will work closely with our customers, senior management, program managers, and cross discipline technical staff to thoroughly understand customer objectives and then to develop solutions. This engineer may also work on or lead Research and Development projects that extend into advanced technology exploration. Expected systems engineering functions will include concept development, engineering design, integration and evaluation, and operations and maintenance of various systems or systems of systems. This engineer will also be expected to have extensive early and continuing interaction with customers to define the solution, project scope and then act as a liaison for the customer within the company. This engineer will also be expected to lead large groups of engineers and large design efforts, present formal presentations in front of large groups and customers, conduct detailed reviews, handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, gain a detailed understanding of systems, flows, CONOPs and advanced concepts, innovate and provide strategic direction, and make critical decisions while under pressure.
• Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering including experience with design, development and testing of custom hardware and software systems of high complexity
• Experience with RF, Optics, or Telecommunications standards and processing techniques
Experience interacting with development teams to resolve discrepancies and issues
• Experience identifying, analyzing and resolving problems in all phases of the system lifecycle
• Experience with Systems Integration, test execution, and test results documentation
• Experience problem solving and debugging
• Experience recognizing areas of improvement or customer needs and relaying them to senior staff as business development possibilities
• Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
• Ability to work weekends and nights periodically to support integration and testing efforts
• Existing TS/SCI (or Active within the last 24 months)
• Experience with Design, Development, Integration and Test of complex Communication systems
• Experience developing high speed processing hardware or complex control software
• Experience developing training courses and training others
• Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals.
• Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
• Experience generating of test scripts to automate integration
• Experience formalizing, developing and writing requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work.
• Experience developing system level designs, high level control and data interfaces
• Experience with bid and proposal activities related to system development
• Existing TS/SCI clearance with Poly (or Active within the last 24 months)
Typically, but not always, requires a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Master of Science (MS) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer // 01528272