Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States of America
Raytheon Missile & Defense Systems’ Strategic Sourcing team is seeking a Sourcing Manager for Emerging Technology. Raytheon combines its resources, stability, and experience to improve and strengthen capabilities of our suppliers. This team seeks to be the recognized leader in Aerospace & Defense, increasing value and delivering innovation to our customers by growing capabilities through a diverse and inclusive supply base.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Functionally reporting to the Strategic Sourcing for Emerging Supplier Technology & Markets. The Manager will work closely with the greater supply chain, program managers, engineering, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify and promote supplier development of externally developed technology solutions into Raytheon programs. The manager will seek to integrate external and internal technology development efforts for sourcing solutions.
Emerging Technology Sourcing Manager duties include but are not limited to:
• Lead coordination between Strategic Sourcing and Advanced Technology programs facilitating collaboration and alignment of sourcing strategies
• Coordinate supply base prospecting and vetting to identify new suppliers and technologies
• Help identify and evaluate suppliers that are viable Mentor Protege (MP), Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) candidates
• Develop productive, long-term strategic relationships by developing and enhancing capabilities of our key technology innovation providers
• Work closely with our Government Customers, including Programs and DoD Office of Small Business Programs, to collaborate on technology development transition into viable programs
• Engage cross-functional teams to look for gaps in technology and identifying potential solutions
• Facilitate actionable risk mitigation and opportunity realization plans before program proposal and/or during program execution
Qualifications you Must Have:
• 10+ years of progressive professional experience with a combination of experience in technical project, program, finance or supplier management or supplier development related fields
• Experience managing teams and tracking performance against plans
• Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition, Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplements (DFARS)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Technical/Engineer or similar
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications we value:
• Experience working with small business(es), government programs and technology innovation
• Technical understanding of systems for both sensors and effectors
• Flexibility to travel. General curiosity, interest, and aptitude for learning new products and technologies
• Ability to prioritize and organize work for cross-functional teams
• Master’s Degree in a Technical Field, Supply Chain or similar
• Project management experience and executive presentation experience
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams.
Typically requires: A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer // 01532013