Andover, Massachusetts, USA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
This is a second shift position which includes an 8% added pay differential
Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They provide engineering and manufacturing support expertise to enable on-time, lowest cost hardware delivery with performance and reliability that exceed customer expectations. They execute across all phases of a program including proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support. Manufacturing Engineers design, control, and improve the manufacturing process and system design through a collaborative effort with the value stream team. You would apply your skills to implement improvements that reduce cycle time and cost and improve productivity, while maintaining a high level of safety in the manufacturing environment and quality within the product.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Ability to work cross functionally with operations, maintenance, quality, test, and design to implement robust processes.
• Review and validate recommendations regarding manufacturability of existing and future products and advise modifications or adaptations to address quality, customer, product, or productivity constraints.
• Support the integration of new automated system for manufacturing.
• Implement a system to proactively manage equipment failures.
• Drive Continuous Improvement through process improvements to improve cycle time, reduce ergonomic risk to assemblers, automate, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using CORE principles and data driven decision making
• Leverage manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of the two high volume line of the work center
• Provide real-time technical support to manufacturers and fabricator; in-house as well as the supply base.
• Lead corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 5 years prior relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience.
•An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
• Technical drawing interpretation, Experience with military and industry standards
• Demonstrated proficiency with Manufacturing/Enterprise Resource Planning (MRP/ERP) tools and systems (ie PRISM/SAP)
• Demonstrated proficiency with Manufacturing Shop Floor Management tools and systems (ie cMES)
• Demonstrated proficiency with Product Data Management tools and systems (ie Windchill/PDM)
• Experience with designing, programming, maintaining, and troubleshooting automated tooling and machinery
• Familiarity with standard material handling practices, especially as they pertain to Electrostatic Discharge mitigation requirements
• Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Self-motivated and results oriented individual with an ability to work in a team environment and with minimal direct supervision
• Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
• Excellent organizational skills with fine attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project
management. Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer // 01536026