East Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole – best – selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The PW4000/PW2000 Product Support Engineer represents the voice of the customer as an active participant on the Integrated Product Team, provides technical leadership in support of operational readiness and system safety, and collaborates with field service representatives, airline customers and Engineering to:
* Leverage field experience/data to identify and drive resolution of design and in-service issues affecting operational reliability, maintainability and maintenance cost.
* Support the development and implementation of field management plans that ensure safe, reliable and cost-effective engine operations.
* Provide accurate, timely and complete technical guidance/recommendations to airlines and shops regarding on-wing and off-wing operational troubleshooting, problem resolution, service bulletin activities, and engine manual interpretation.
* Present major issues and solutions to internal management team and external customers in various communication meetings/conferences.
* Initiate & coordinate approval of Engineering Authorizations for engine/module/piece part inspections and limits for incorporation in technical manuals, service bulletins and the Maintenance Planning Guide.
* Provide leadership and drive root cause and corrective action of engine investigations.
* Review new or changed designs for impact on airline operations / maintenance.
* Apply existing excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal to interact with and brief updates to senior leadership, customers and stakeholders.
Work Location: East Hartford, CT
* US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
* Requires a University degree in Engineering and 8+ years of prior relevant technical experience with engine design, overhaul and/or repair engineering.
* General system knowledge of gas turbine engines and experience with airline/military customers.
* Must be available for and willing to be on-call 24/7/365, including afterhours, weekends and holidays to provide remote response to aircraft on ground (AOG) incidents, production issues, and field events.
* This position requires occasional travel, up to 10% annually, with typical durations of up to 2 weeks at a time.
* An advanced degree in Engineering.
* Strong experience with one or more of the following: aircraft engine hardware components: compressors, fans and/or mechanical systems.
* Experience supporting external airline customers and products in a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) environment.
* Knowledge of service manuals and bulletins and ability to apply those updates.
* Prior technical engineering or aviation inspection experience gained through military service or commercial airline experience.
* Advanced to expert knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* Knowledge of Raytheon Technologies (RTX) projects, programs or systems in order to provide enhancements within job area.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment.
This role is Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer // 01546196