Procurement officers shall be well rounded in terms of purchasing experience, proficiency in product and/or services subject matter, contracting terms and conditions, incoterms, enterprise resource planning and/or material resource planning systems, supply chain programs, supply chain development and management.
.1 Procure goods and services (from local and overseas sources) in compliance with Hamilton Sundstrand Pacific Aerospace Pte Ltd (the Company’s) Supply Chain Procurement procedures, Ethics, Global Trade, and EH&S requirements to support operations and business needs.
.2 Ensure understanding and compliance with RTX Code of Ethics, Global Trade, and EH&S (Environment, Health and Safety) policies, its supplements and governing policies, and compliance to legal, corporate, and country requirements.
.3 Ensure timely completion of all regulated trainings in ethics, compliance and EH&S.
.4 Maintain an awareness of advances in technology or innovations to facilitate improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of supply chain practices.
1. Work with requestors/users to establish scope of works/services, and/or product specifications, to facilitate the process of soliciting quotations, request for price proposals, competitive bidding, as per Procurement procedures.
2. Establish baseline prices, price evaluation, negotiations of prices and commercial terms and conditions based on the total cost of ownership consideration; within established limits of authority, in the Company’s best interest.
3. Provide routine purchasing support to functional stakeholders for the purchase of (but not limited to) goods, services, capital equipment and machinery, machining or special process services.
4. Insure timely processing of purchase requisitions, order releases, and/or confirmation of purchase and/or service agreements.
5. Delivery assurance and follow-up to insure goods are delivered, and/or services are completed in accordance with committed fulfillment dates.
6. Coordinate the resolution of non-conforming goods, and/or services, and delivery recovery planning.
7. Perform periodic vendor visits (where necessary) to assess adequacy of vendors’ operations, capabilities and capacity to support the Company’s requirements.
8. Work in cross functional teams in work transfer assessment, vendor qualification and selection for operations offload of machining or special processes.
9. Facilitates the disposal of company properties and/or scrap material as per disposal procedures.
10. Facilitates internal and external audits.
11. Perform vendor screening as per global trade policy; prior to any engagements with any vendor, or adding the vendor to the vendor master file.
12. Vendor account creation, vendor account amendments, and vendor credit terms application.
13. Identify inactive vendor accounts, and/or opportunities for consolidation of services or product purchases; to reduce the vendor base.
14. Work with related functional stakeholders (requestors, Logistics and Accounts Payables) in the disposition and resolution of payables to vendors / suppliers.
15. Apply and utilize ACE (continuous improvement) tools in facilitating and supporting organizational innovations. Identify opportunities in process improvements, and reduce non-value added activities or processes on a continuing basis.
16. Identify and evaluate opportunities in cost reduction activities and initiatives, either within the purchasing group or working with functional stakeholders or vendors.
Reports and Documentation
17. Publish standard reports as may be established and assigned from time-to-time to the intranet dashboards, preparing and submitting reports for management reporting; not limiting to vendor performance metrics, and commodity program metrics.
18. Ensure proper retention and document archive (manual or electronic), including but not limited to purchase orders, vendor quotations, order acknowledgements, correspondence, or documents to be retained as required of related functional procedures; and/or for the purpose of reference, evidence, audit and compliance requirements.
19. Facilitate EH&S training for vendors, maintaining and updating the Accredited vendor list, database of records and licenses as required of accredited vendors.
Commodity Programs / Integration Programs
20. Primary point-of-contact (when assigned) between the Company and the integration vendor. Conversant with the program Master Terms Agreement, Terms and Conditions, and/or Service Agreements, in order to manage the program effectively. Lead program members in the transition, implementation, stabilization of the program. Monitor and engage in periodic meetings with the commodity vendor. Initiate recovery action should the program deviate from its intended progression plan and performance metrics.
Commodity Program members
21. Responsible for respective commodity-product-service buckets within the integration program. Support the Commodity Lead in the transition, implementation and stabilization of the program. Initiate recovery actions should the commodity buckets deviate from its intended progression plan and performance metrics.
22. Guide junior procurement officers on department requirements, policies and processes.
23. Provide training and guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement policies and procedures.
24. Duty cover to co-workers when there are unplanned /planned absences. Perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Procurement Supervisor / Procurement Manager / Materials Manager.
Support the Continuous Improvement programs and ACE activities within the company
Minimum ACE Associate certification under ACP
Support and participate in the EH&S programs and activities within the company
Report all incidents (injuries, illnesses, near misses, spills etc), hazardous conditions, and emergencies to his/her supervisor
Responsible for performing a risk assessment of work activities, taking corrective and preventive actions
Comply with EH&S regulations/policies/programs/rules and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Participate in audits and inspections as and when required
Attend EH&S training programs and takes personal responsibility for safety
27. Ethics & Compliance:
Understand and carry out work performance in compliance with the RTX Code of Ethics, its Supplements and governing policies and the Global Trade Policies and Procedures
Provide a quality product/service that satisfies our customers’ needs and expectations the first time, every time
Emphasize a total quality management process which provides accuracy, and strict compliance with agency regulations and customer requirements, giving the highest degree of confidence; understanding that meeting the requirements of the next employee in the work flow process is just as important as meeting the needs of external customer.
1 Effective communication skills; oral, interpersonal and written.
2 Strong working knowledge of SAP; and Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint.
3 Analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective and fact-based decisions.
4 Excellent working knowledge of purchasing principles; including the ability to research, source, evaluate and analyze offers/bids, negotiate contract terms and conditions, reviews and prepares bid/sourcing specifications, and project manage.
.5 Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, manage and prioritize dynamic workloads
.6 Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of purchase orders / subcontracts/ agreements.
.7 Proficiency in vendor management, including vendor (supplier) performance; planning recovery actions for delinquent vendor metrics.
Qualification and Education Requirements
Minimum Education required (specific field or equivalent):
Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution; or APICS certifications.
Diploma in related discipline and relevant sustained work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Procurement / Supply Chain /Materials Management (preferred in a manufacturing environment).
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer // 01487281