Tucson, Arizona, USA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges. Together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
RMD’s Mechanical Products Team (MPT) leads in the mechanical hardware design, development and production of combat system equipment. The Mechanical Products Team uses state of the-art tools, processes and technology, with capabilities encompassing a broad range of technical disciplines which include product engineering, manufacturing, technical services, materials engineering, analysis, test, and documentation.
The MPT Air Launched Effectors Department is currently searching for a full time Mechanical Engineer II to work on a multi-discipline team to contribute to the design of products and subsystems in support of the Air Power mission area, which has a single purpose: to give the U.S. Air Force and our allies an unmatched advantage across every mission phase. From long-range surveillance sensors to command and control, to advanced air and ground effectors, the Air Power mission area provides the technology required to keep the air domain secure.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Contributing to finding solutions to a wide range of technical problems related to the design, manufacture, integration, and production sustainment of various mechanical subsystems, including support in the engineering lab and the factory floor both at RMD and at suppliers.
• Supporting first article inspections, work instruction reviews, material dispositions, and root cause investigations to production issues. Decisions are data driven and require preparing technical justification analysis reports and presenting to a variety of Engineering Review Boards.
• Performing mechanical design, development, and documentation of components, subassemblies, and end items for defense system equipment in accordance with system requirements.
• Interfacing with other engineering disciplines, non-technical disciplines, and suppliers to develop design solutions and resolve technical issues.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering Science, Math, or other Engineering discipline with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
• Two (2) years of professional experience in mechanical design or production support
• Proficiency with 3D modeling CAD tools (modeling and drawing)
• Knowledgeable in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
• Experience with hands-on hardware integration and troubleshooting
• Prior experience within Defense and/or Aerospace Industry
• Advanced degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work in teams or independently; flexible, motivated and demonstrating initiative
• Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of complex scope and complexity
• Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total-rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region, and is recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best views. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer // 01532687