Clearance Required: Day
Energy Market Analyst
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities, power asset developers, and energy market investors consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities hundreds of private developers and financial institutions. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation developers and owners, and financial institutions.
Currently, we have an opportunity for an Energy Market Analyst who has a strong desire to be part of a well-established and growing North American power market consulting practice. Serving the independent power and electrical utility markets, our team of professionals provides consulting services such as: price forecasting services, energy market analysis, asset valuation, and energy market advisory services.
• Assist in the development of asset and portfolio market projections and valuation, and drafting consulting work products including Market Consultant’s Reports for varied clients such as utilities, energy development companies, financial institutions, and energy service companies.
• The ability to work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues and managers, who are conducting and/or leading energy market consulting studies by: conducting market research, performing market analysis, modeling operation of power generation assets and portfolios using proprietary Leidos tools and simulation models as well as licensed software tools and databases.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
• Required a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience, primarily in economic consulting work within or related to the North American energy industry. A Master’s degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of the major US regional power markets
• Proficiency with Aurora, ProMod, or other similar utility/market simulation models
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
• Excellent analytical, technical writing and presentation skills.
• Locations: Washington DC, Framingham MA, Seattle WA, Denver CO, or Orlando FL
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Management Consultant Comm
Pay Range $48,750.00 – $75,000.00 – $101,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
JBLDJ LEIDOS // An Equal Opportunity Employer