Clearance Required: Day
Leidos is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, and focused Agile Project Manager to support the Leidos Mission Support Services team. The Mission Support Services team is a very dynamic, learning and fast paced team supporting the Leidos organization in meeting the operational mission. The right candidate will support and enhance the MSS technical team for timely, professional delivery of MSS projects. You will work with management to assess business needs and design and track a wide variety of projects that support those needs. You will also interface with Leidos IT functional areas to define and implement. This work involves development and maintenance of various systems for such things as end user services, cloud implementation, web mapping tools, communications and data transfer, and data analysis. The intention is that this position will primarily focused on leading agile development as the Agile Project Manager.
- You will work closely with the Senior Project Manager, Senior Software Engineer, software engineers, and other supporting engineers on the following key tasks:
- Own the scrum lifecycle, which includes managing progress blockers, removing impediments, communicating progress to plans and coaching teams to correctly apply agile development principles.
- Forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of new enhancements to the system.
- Manage Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Refinement, Retrospectives, and other related team and cross-team meetings
- Conduct Sprint Demos
- Lead software development project teams while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums
- Manage information radiators and track metrics for the teams, including velocity and burndown charts in order to drive team improvement
- Partner with the Product Owner in driving stories to a ready state in preparation for the upcoming Sprint and the next Release
- Ensure that the team has a clear and common understanding of the work that needs to be done, and that the work items reflect this
- Ensure that work items are right-sized and meet the INVEST criteria
- Work with the team and Product Owner to maintain a prioritized and prepared backlog, plan upcoming Releases, and assist the team in drafting acceptance criteria and test plans
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage cross-team coordination, tracking and following up on external dependencies
- Remove impediments to the team's ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including Product Owners, Management, other teams and Scrum Masters, and the RTE
- Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
- Lead and conduct peer code reviews
- Manage source code (e.g. gitlab) requests such as merges, branching, and tagging; work with configuration management, assess unit tests, etc.
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the team in agile development process and the performance of project tasks.
Required Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in software engineering/development – developing software applications (10+ years with a MS/MIS Degree)
- Previous experience leading a software team, engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations
- 2+ years' experience as scrum master for software development team
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques (especially Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Experience providing scrum reports (burndown charts, velocity, etc.)
- Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
- Ability to track and produce key metrics
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Need significant experience in software design, development, documentation, integration, debugging and testing.
- Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as C++, Java and Python
- Experience in a Linux Ubuntu, Red Hat and Centos environment
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- SAFe Agilist or other SAFe Certification
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes (especially CircleCI and SonarQube)
- Experience working with distributed teams
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
JBLDJ LEIDOS // An Equal Opportunity Employer